Saturday 30 May 2009

Caramelised apples and pancakes

An avid watcher of Masterchef Australia, I was initially puzzled to the different format from Masterchef UK but as the 'real competition' began I was excited to find it is more like Top Chef on Bravo/Arena. Top Chef is one of my most favourite-ist shows. Sadly I don't have Foxtel anymore and the network is regulating YouTube - which means I don't get to see the show legally and illegally. Boo hoo!

Each Friday on Masterchef the contestants have a 'Masterclass' where George and the other guy teach them tips and show them how to cook several meals that 'every cook should know and get spot on.'. I along with the contestants always sit there and go "Ohh, so that how you are suppose to cook so-and-so.".

There was a bit of ohh-ing and ahh-ing this week but overall, I was most amused by George's over use of the words 'sexy' and 'agitate'. Put it in a sentence? As in: "That's a sexy piece of steak." and "You want to agitate the rice.". Now George, I know you are known as one of Australia's best chefs and yes I can see you have a love of food. Personally I think there's a bit too much love going on here and frankly I don't want to know what you do with your food when no one's looking. Thanks to you I am never going to look at a piece of steak the same again.

What I did learn was its extremely easy to caramelise, so easy I make pancakes with caramelised apples for breakfast this morning.



Apples agitating



So sexy...

No comments:

Post a Comment