Wednesday 8 September 2010

NYC the place to be! Part 2

So continuing on from my last NYC post, we stumbled across some street markets in Chelsea. They looked like your typical weekend market so I didn't really go for a walk through (hmm...maybe I should have).

We spotted this crepe stall on the corner selling fresh lemonade and err crepes! The crepes were so good and the stall holders were French which for me, re-enforced the crepe's authenticity. The batter was thin and nicely coloured on the outside. I had mine with mushroom, baby spinach and of course cheese (hey, we are in America here everything comes with cheese!).

"I only make crepe for da woman" The dude forgot to make a 2nd crepe.

We walked several blocks when I spotted a Pinkberry. The line was out the door. Then we noticed this:


It's one of the trendy food vans which will only tell you their location if you follow them on twitter. Very en vogue in the U.S these days - am waiting for this to catch on in Aust. Maybe in another 2 years - haha! This particular van is a popsicle van - they had many yummy flavours like grape, pineapple etc. I had a pineapple one and it had frozen pineapple chunks inside! Yum! And as they say in real estate "location, location, location". This van was parked between a playground and pinkberry. Very clever!

I can't remember what day it was but we were just walking around mid-town and feeling hungry but didn't want to go into Maccas, TGI Friday's etc. We saw a decent looking cafe and thought 'yeah that'll' do.

I ordered a turkey baguette which came with a side salad. At this point in time I needed to eat a salad - it's all carbs and meat here! When you think of a side salad, it's usually lettuce, tomatoes, maybe some cucumbers and grated carrots. Remember what I said about carbs? Here's my 'side salad':


It's a freakin' PASTA SALAD?!?!?! Oh yeah, that frothy drink is supposed to be a cappuccino and that is not chocolate on top - its cinnamon. What the?!?!

As you can gather, the food is bad - ok that's a bit extreme ... not very good. Or maybe we are spoilt in Australia with our fresh seafood, fruit and veggies. If you are vego/vegan /coelliac - come with your own meals packed.

The museums are amazing. The vendors must have sensed the hunger that visitors ignore when they visit the place because you can find them everywhere down on the Museum mile. It was hot, we spotted soft serve. Mine was chocolate (should have opted for the cherry coating) and yeah it was huge.

I was half way through

Still have a few more pics to load but I think it's back to work for me. Peace out! Btw: apologies for the inconsistency of the font - blogger is going funny on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment