Tuesday 18 August 2009

Salmon Caesar like Salad



I was totally loving my Baby Cos after the trip to the markets. It looked so crisp, green and fresh...and indeed it was. I wish I bought 2. The tomatoes, I wanted to eat them raw to preserve the flavour and colour. Funny though because this type of tomato has a milder taste to the average tomato so I think cooking it will make it lose more of its flavour and it will be less pretty to look it.

This is like a healthier take on the Caesar salad, with the cos, egg and parmesan. Instead of a heavy Caesar dressing, I used a Japanese vinegar dressing (available in Asian supermarkets) which is lighter.

The eggs were slightly over boiled, I wanted an orange with a tad runny yoke. The salmon, I baked with lemon and lemon pepper as its an oily fish I didn't use any oil. This is great for the time poor. Whack the salmon in oven for 10-15mins and wash the veg during that time. Yummo!

No comments:

Post a Comment