Thursday 17 September 2009

Last Supper (well, alomst)

I managed to cook up a meal which took effort last night. Wedges with rosemary salt, Moroccan sirloin, roasted carrots with spinach and tomato salad. Rare for a weeknight ...the usual weeknight meal normally has fewer ingredients done in the oven or one-pot style (less washing!). I’m not sure if it’s because we are moving next week and I’m preparing myself for a few days of take-away, pasta+sauce and Korean 2mins noodles.

I’ll be saying goodbye to the ‘light it yourself’ gas appliances. Must admit I was a bit afraid at first to light the oven, thoughts of “What if my arm catches on fire?’ ran through my mind. Next week, I’ll be saying hello an electric stove top (gasp!) and oven. Happy about the oven part - it’s easier to control but I hope it doesn’t take 30mins to boil an egg (as my mum would say) on the stove. I am also very excited about the newer and bigger kitchen. Bench space! Woo!


Rosemary Salt

Wedges...mmmm


Moroccan sirloin with veg

No comments:

Post a Comment