Wednesday 7 October 2009

Peruvian Potatoes



I was at the local fruit/veg shop when I spotted these. With the skin on they look rather like err...you know what and I was fascinated by the purple colour once I’ve peeled them. Would it taste like taro? After a quick sniff (yes, I smelt the potatoes) it smelt like a regular potato but I still didn’t know what it will look/taste/smelt like after cooking.

What was the safest way to go about cooking these? Make chips of course! Anything can taste good in chip form. After the boiling and baking process (no frying, I’m healthy) I was pleasantly surprised with the result. It tasted and smelt like a regular potato but more starchy and something else that I can put my finger on. Peeling them is a pain though – darn finger potatoes!


Peruvian potato chips, grilled corn with snapper and beans

No comments:

Post a Comment